Saturday, August 13, 2005

"anyway, Love? motorcycle? the connection ought to be fun to develop. Wear your helmet." - Omaha
- in both cases that would seem like a good idea...

Am I in love? well, what is love anyway? I'm happy, I'm content, and definitely begining to feel our lives intertwine. So yeah, I'll say I am in love... but then again I love corned beef hash so what does the word really mean?
Does it really matter anyway? That's the better question.
When we started dating a friend of mine asked me if I could trust her, knowing that she had just broke it off with her fiance, and I knew where he was going. My reply 'does it really matter?'. Why couldn't I trust her any more than any other woman walking down the street... my trust was given from the getgo, as my love is now. I see no reason that neither will not themselves become undone, that is the effects of life on a 27 year old man... And yet, for all my pessimism, there is a little bit of reason inside me that says maybe she won't; I can't quite shake the feeling that she won't become undone: that my friends is love.
And that is how I see her: for that little piece, for that small little bit of life that exceeds expectation and says, somehow, that the smile on your face isn't going to go anywhere soon...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say love is a decision - an act of will. Emotions play a part, of course, but they ebb and flow, they change. If my relationship with my life was based on emotion we'd have a problem. There are times when I'm not likable frankly, and I thank God she decided to stick with me. We've decided to make the effort to keep our relationship interesting as well as fulfilling. The honeymoon ends, people change and no emotional attachment, however strong at the outset, is going to keep that going.

There's a grace there - but that's for another time. Omaha

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home