Saturday, July 30, 2005

mother your children are men... you can't be blamed. Though you tried to raise us right... though you tried... through you tried... we blew up and grew out. And now we're men - though you tried, thought you tried - living our own lives, trying our own patience, we tried, we tried we tried... and yet here we are.

here we are ignoring our every intuition, avoiding our every inclination - drinking till dawn, ignoring our every inhibition, allowing every avoidance never really submiting to any form of that which we might call life... oh mother, your children are men - more's the pity.
though you tried... though you tried...


(I wish I could hum you the song in my head as I write, I wish I could explain how this is the vision, and how it all matters so much...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home