Saturday, May 21, 2005

un dia esta semana...
I sat accross the table from what I consider to be one of the most beautiful women around. She confided in me her boss had told her she should wear make-up while implying that her looks weren't exactly up to par. Her confidence was shaken, me I was dumbfounded. I listened to her story in a daze; I couldn't believe the effect one woman could have upon another.
It was true, she didn't wear make-up all that often, but I just didn't see how that mattered and I couldn't quite comprehend how a girl couldn't just go by the guy's point of view... it was so serious it shook my own faith.
Same girl, about an hour later, told me I shouldn't be taking so much vicodin. I didn't listen. I'd spent a whole hour listening, and giving advice, but I couldn't take the criticism of my self. Funny how our ears are so selective.
When I begin using herion I am sure I will say its an every so often thing... I hope it stays that way, cause I just love the opiates. I do, what can I do about it? Alcohol and everything after has become so passe. Eventually the pills won't be enough and I'll need some more: "I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do, so a little got more and more, just kept trying to get a little better said a little better than before". I didn't make the rules, I just follow...
quisiera un poco mas

1 Comments:

Blogger klaurel said...

i trulely dislike the society we live in when a lovely person is told to change in order to fit in with the accepted norms of society that force women to look a certain way. i dislike it even more when the mentality is accepted and internalized. at the same time, i understand how hard it is to reject that. if you are constantly getting messages telling you to look (and behave, but that's another issue)a certain way, and noone will even like you, much less love you, if you don't conform, it is a temendous pressure.
women used to put kohl around their eyes. kohl has lead in it. talk about killing yourself for fashion.

don't start heroin.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home