Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I'm moody. So what? I am a very emotionally driven person. Naturally I am going to be 'up' sometimes and 'down' others: thats just the way it is going to be.

As I have grown, I have sought not to change the person I am, but rather 'manage' myself to a more effective degree. I do this by avoiding trouble situations and mentally preparing my self for unavoidable 'trouble' situations. I also do this by playing roles: In school I am everything I think that a teacher should be, in class I attempt to embody the characteristics of a productive student, while at work I try to dually work as hard as possible and to push the political issues of job responsibilites (I think both are important characteristics of a strong employee; don't give me none of that ditchdigger bullshit), and finally when I am at play I try to be whomever I am most comfortable being. Consequentally I am driven by the people/situation around me as much as anything else.

I think this is a rather productive way to live: try to be the best at each little angle. However, it can lead to some identity questions, heightened by newer friends who haven't experienced me in a variety of roles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home