Wednesday, March 16, 2005

'She was a sour girl the day that she met me'
A friend recently asked me what I was looking for in a girl...
The question sounds simple enough... but it took me a little while to answer, because its not so much what I want in a girl, but what I need in a girl. Who doesn't want some big-tittied, hot as hell, super smart, all she wants to do is give me head kinda girl? Unfortunately they don't fucking exist... I've asked around, they don't.

And when I've thought I wanted something, and the girls had it, they've often lacked something I needed and the relationship has failed whether we like it or not. What I need is someone who is honest, intelligent, and willing to believe in me as much as I believe in them. Thats not too much to ask. That is until they have to actually deal with me as the dumbass I can be...

'she was a happy girl the day that she left me'

Examining my past relationships, the ones I've liked and the one's I still talk to all have one thing in common: open communication and a mutual respect not only for each other as a person, but also for our daily struggles to be the people we want to be... and i guess some innate (spelling?) desire to make me a better person either through effort (see christine) or through interacion (see carly)...

anyway, I could go on and on about what I want but that is not the point. The point is I have come to the conclussion that I actually have 'needs' in a relationship. I never thought I did, at least not some laundry list, though I am sure I just never asked my self the question before.
Its amazing the things in the back of our mind that we've yet to ask...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the entry!!

1:38 PM  
Blogger sleepy jdon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 PM  
Blogger klaurel said...

i happen to disagree as a post eastern girl. i don't think i'm boring. but then, who really wakes up in the morning and says 'yep, i'm boring. i think i'll bore someone to death today.'
there is a fine line between being content and being boring. and being complacent.
strive to not be complacent.

10:22 AM  
Blogger sleepy jdon said...

An amendment: The cool girls at eastern are married already... I think I've mentioned that before.
I have meet some really cool girls here, some very strong, intelligent, and very very fun to be around - they could conversate till the lights go out... however, every one of them has been married or on their way into marriage...
or crazy. did I mention that some of my favorite eastern girls are absolutely, completely, indefensively crazy - and in love with their ex's...

Another ammendment: if kristen reads this, she is an exception in not being married and being cool - although she is a little crazy...

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home