Thursday, February 24, 2005

sanity, my friends, is not statistical. Remember that as you will be tested on it later... I am going to do 1984 for my class unit. Two reasons: one, I don't feel as though I am in control over the harlem renaisance writing - I am even a little bit uncomfortable teaching black authors to black children, I feel as though I can only be a facilitator: I can say, here children this is Lanston Hughes, I cannot teach you about your hardship and how to write about it, but he can. Today langston, not Mr. D., is your teacher... and I think that will work when the time comes, but for an ed. class, which has to be fancy and full of fluff I need something I can master. Enter '1984', great book, my favorite topic, this is a no-brainer. Nick send me everything you find, as you always do, I am counting on your help.
I am sick today, but I've managed to put a positive spin on things. I am eating chinese, watching movies, and feeling not so much my body heal but my mind... being sick is like taking a shit at work: you are free and noone wants to bother you, plus you have a natural reason for not getting things done... an interesting metaphor, but one that works.
peace out,
love jdon
all this medicine is making me high

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll see what I can rustle up for 1984 for ye. I've taught that for 5 years now and it blows their minds.

BTW, this whole blogger thing is pretty intimidating. I couldn't come up with a cool name for my site or a jazzy login name like "Mav" or "Goose" so I'll go with anonymous.

6:59 PM  
Blogger sleepy jdon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home