Thursday, February 17, 2005

"Out of the rack and ruin of our gangster death,
The rape and rot of graft, and stealth, and lies,
We, the people, must redeem
The land, the mines, the plants, the rivers.
The mountains and the endless plain--
All, all the stretch of these great green states--
And make America again!"

Nick I've been thinking and we've got work to do...
When we talk of revolution we talk sweeping reform, we talk of eradicating laws, we talk of overthrowing the schools, the homes, and the marketplace of our brethren, but really we should just talk about the everyday, the comraderie, the struggle to keep ourselves alive. That is what we should be doing. Somehow we have to superceed all the other revolutions and seek to change the individual, not the policy. Somehow we need to find a way to hold our brothers and sisters more dear than our cars and our drugs and our visions. Somehow we have to allow their oppinion to matter as much as ours... and I don't think we are there, I don't even think we are close. But that is what we must do...
I've always said, in jest I hope, "divide first, conquer later".
We need to unite first, change later...

Everything we say juxtaposes our every action in such a sharp contrast...
I just have to say it; I care more about my 'personal' time than I do all the poverty in the world.
I care more about my TV, that I don't even watch, than I do about the welfare of the people in my community; at least that is what my actions say.

And I'm not saying throw away the TV or some bullshit like that. External change is almost all we ever do. I am saying that we need to internalize the affair, to make our spiritual war a personal war. In effect we have to become the change we wish to inspire long before we can do anything...

I think this is where we are.
I think we can do this.
I believe in you, you believe in me.
Now lets believe in everyone around us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home