Thursday, December 08, 2005

'As soon as you're born they make you feel small...'

being 27 I don't feel one bit removed from Lennon's death than any of the rest of you do. My father on the other hand... he was there, he actually felt it: In essence we are removed, having known the end of the story while we were learning...
For us it was Kurdt Cobain, but he shot himself and was such a hollow comparision to Lennon (musically, spiritually... basically in every manner) that I laugh now looking back upon my sorrow april whatever 1994.
I think we're all so shocked when people are killed over political reasons, or crazy reasons, or whatever reason that guy had in common. I just heard Lennon compared to bobby kennedy, MLK, JFK and the difference here is that lennon just wrote records... its hard to imagine a world where people aren't killed for being great and yet insanely ludicrous to imagine one within which they are.

For my part I've almost a tear in my eye for the fact that the man who said give peace a chance was shot for no reason... and I know it sounds so trite, or already said, and yet so profound as to be repeated in the back of my mind for the better part of an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home