Saturday, October 22, 2005

you read it all, you get to the bottom line, and still it doesn't make sense... throwing things makes a lot more sense if you take reason out of the equation... while you're taking reason out you might as well remove probability. what is probability anyway? nothing more than a chance if you ask me... nothing more than a chance if you ask me... punctuation matters... I haven't listened to another person recite poetry in well over a couple years... far to long, far to abstract... I read my poetry to people all the time, they just think I am kidding or don't know what to say... but when i talk, when I lead, its amazing they listen... I am a leader... I'd like to say I never asked to be, but I always have... I'm high on sleeptime medicine. I don't care. I wish I were high on drugs, but really I don't. I am in love... first time in a long time.... its not like any other time. The first time is the best time, because you don't know any better... for some reason you think your love is special, no one has ever felt your feelings.. then you get older, she cheats on you, and you movc on... then love is timely: a little bit of her, a little bit of this, some sweet sex, nothign more... then someone comes out of nowhere and you really are in love, you want to say again, but this isn't again, this isn't anew, this is a whole nother complete emotion in and of itself... this is the love of ages, the love that actually has a chance... I want to buy rings and name children... someday... I want to give it my all. I do give it my all... I'm jealous, sad, insecure, at times... I don't mind in the long run, you've got to overcome to grow... you've got to grow... when was the last time I listened to someone read their poetry? stand in front of the room and tell me what you really think, bear your heart to me... please... I'm happy, steadfast, and secure most times... I just feel so content... contention the word itself can set you free while the chains are shackled on... shackles shackles shackles just who doesn't own me these days? bought and sold daily by the news I choose to read, the albums I listen to, the material I teach, the car I drive DAMN THE COMMERCIAL REVOLUTION! but it will never go away, this is it, this is mass media... I need sleep and a little less flu....
I need sleep and a little more you...
I love you guys even as my head hits pillow...
pen used to hit paper now I tick tack type... kerouac

1 Comments:

Blogger sleepy jdon said...

damn the job... damn the man... damn the demands of de man!!! dammit all, fuck it all, fight it all and swallow the fucking pill... two, three, days later and I'm still out of wack... the times they are a changin'

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home