Wednesday, May 25, 2005

ypsi high special ed. kickball, its fannnnntastic!!!
today I witnessed the most intense, if by intense you mean chaotic, game of kickball in the history of time; balls were bouncing off of wheelchairs, kids were running to the wrong bases, and everyone, everyone, was having a blast. I just sat on the third baseline, a dangerous place with all those precision hitters, enjoying the game with another teacher, clapping my ass off, and a hootin' and a hollering.


on opiates:
I am sorry to say but the best drug experiences in my life, not the most important (that was reserved for the psychedelics), have all involved opiates in one form or another. I enjoy the body buzz but most importantly I love how they don't fuck with my head: rather than serving to expediate or concentrate that, but without dimming thought, they kinda keep shit simple. Meaning when I pop a couple of vicodins I can feel no pain physically and tend to focus on that pure pleasure, therefore not pondering life and all of its implications.
Pondering life and all of its implications gets to be such a burden. Sometimes a nice little vacation would do some good. But, I work a zillion hours, never have time off, and don't have the most sound home life, so sometimes I pop a pill. I see no harm in it. We aren't talking about an every day thing, or even a weekly thing, we are talking about once or twice every three months or so. And I like it so I talk it up. So what?
As for heroin, I have always wanted to try the king of all drugs. Who doesn't? In some small place we all recognize that it would feel good, we just respect the dangerous aspects of the use of such a drug and refrain. And I have. And I will continue to... for a while. IF I ever do try heroin some of you may be invited, but I won't be able to tell anyone else because they just won't understand.
Do I condone drug use? No. I think it is only for the strong willed, introspective, person searching to gain some perspective on our present state... is there anything really wrong with that?

Consequent of all this conversation I got to talking with the girl I've been dating about my inability to accept other people's wisdom. In the course of the conversation, vicodin use was brought up. I mentioned the conversation with the other girl, she just looked at me like a jackass. I immediately knew that she wasn't the one for me.
How can I date a woman who won't accept me for the confusingly hypocritcal person that I am? Not that I am a hypocrite, just that I understand there is a time and a place for everything... and she doesn't so I guess I'll be alone again... or maybe I won't, maybe I just won't talk about what bothers me/her and we can have an all-american wedding? Don't bet on it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home