Monday, June 13, 2005

down below Chris had commented about 'The wall' and I just now responded:
On walls:
so, we build them up only to break them down? we create a concrete representation of an abstract evil, only to tear it down with a force unseen by the abstract? Or do we just create art to imitate our illusions, our inarticulate, unobtainable, self-doubting illusions?
My wall, my bricks, are built out of my own insecurity, my own inability. In that manner it is not an apparatus to keep people out, much like roger waters, but rather to keep my self in...

I bring it up here, again, because I don't want it to get buried; in fact, it may be the most important thing I have learned about my self in writing this blog; I don't keep other people out of my life, I hide my self from them...
I never thought of my self as so inseccure before? Am I? or am I just too deep in a vein of thought? Have I come to understand one angle so powerfully that it seems to be the main artery? I do know that more I grow the more I show...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home