Wednesday, September 22, 2004

the dye is cast
the dice are rolled
i feel like shit
you look like gold...

I'm feeling a little literary this week... every so often I run across these 12 words, never for any particular reason and often nothing more than a part of someones signature. until a few minutes ago I didn't even know that they were but one poem in the middle of a movie, starring liv tyler of all people, written in 1996... I always liked the sound of them though...

I've been searching the web a lot more of late. Mostly for school... anyway, I stumbled across a website, located here, that displays paintings/drawings by children during the spanish civil war. One particular picture has graced my computer background for the last day or so; war is so simple to children: war equals death and sadness, peace equals moms, dads, and families... Me, I am older, wiser, than children so for some reason I feel removed from the blood and guts of it all and can pretend that some sort of search for reason may be derived from hours upon hours upon battlefield upon battlefield... sometimes the kid in me comes out, no matter how much I might try to keep it in... looking at those paintings really upset me...

children are essential... I don't really know what I meant when I wrote that 'children are essential', just that its true. I don't think you can ever lose the kid in you: I don't think you can ever let go of the base emotions and wonderment that allow us to see something as it is, and without the facade of reasons and excuses... We've all let go though... maybe I am rambling right now, maybe I am right on... we've all let go though... we've all allowed ourselves to move on day to day whilst bombs drop and people die... day in and day out, who wants to think about that? remember 9/12 when for one day everyone was nice to each other... people said the nicest things... hushed tones and pure sentiment... that was my most proudest moment, it was almost angelic, hell it was angelic... then one day later we declared war and closed our minds/hearts to all this sincerity...
maybe its me, maybe I am jaded... or maybe I'm right and we should all be a little nicer to each other...

a few moments later, after rereading - maybe I'll get something out of this, maybe I'll be a little nicer... sometimes I'm in such a hurry that I just don't listen or take the time to understand someone else's motives or feelings... maybe I'm not so empathetic. Especially to those around me. Fuck, I can sit for ten minutes talking to an acquaintance at work about thier life and actually help them out, but let Bob have a moment I don't like and watch me bust his balls...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home