Tuesday, June 21, 2005

In the world of bad options, you must constantly create plausible (and implausible) alternatives.

Meaning that when you look around, take assestment of, your life and find that you not only is everything a bad idea, but also that even your best laid plans are being placed on rocky ground you must be willing to pack up and move to better land. Really.
I know that we all know this and yet we don't listen to our own best advice and will continue to work where marginal results are the best we could hope to achieve. I say fuck that. I say be willing to blow up everything as many times as you must until you find that solid ground, until you can build the roads that you want to...

The only solid metaphor I've ever come up for our lives was formulated in a two page essay written in mexico. Unfortunately my teacher liked it so much she kept it. I do have some remnants... anyway our parents provide the land that we are raised on - some rocky, some sunny, some pleasant with unfortunate long winters, some this, some that. Eventually we learn to cultivate our own lives/land and what we choose to do, and how hard we choose to try, means everything. (maybe I'll finish the spanish version and post it here?)

My life: decent starting ground, a couple of built houses, a couple torn down, a firm foundation and now I'm adding rooms. I've got a garden with a whole lot more land (music, books, my writing) than I use (as in theres a lot out there but it keeps getting overrun because there is simply too much for me to keep up). I've got a lake of knowledge, filled with little fish of thought. I've got decent weather, but not perfect. And I've got a ton of debt waiting to crash down on it all...
I think what I want is someone to share it with and we're back to the task of choosing the correct ground to build upon... and just what do I really have to offer?

those are today's questions: where to build and how to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home