Saturday, September 11, 2004

just went skipping through bloggerland... ran into "i'm not anyone important to anyone.", thank god I don't feel like that...

I worked a ten year reunion wedding deal today at work. Everyone was over sixty and about to die, hell I think half of them were dead already. They couldn't walk, they couldn't talk, some of them had to feed each other, others had to speak for each other... it was all really sad. Personally I hope I die before I get old, or at least have some hip old lady to argue with on the porch. That wouldn't be too bad, but don't let me live on life support. Don't make me carry around an oxygen tank, and certainly don't answer questions directed to me. Imagine how that feels, unable to reply or defend yourself: unable to explain your self in the midst of a moment... I'd just sit there watching myself fail, moment after moment...

my dad probably needs a walker of some sort, maybe even a cane. Its not like he was like these people or anything, just that his foot is really fucked up and its tough to move. I never understood why he just wouldn't go out and get one simple little thing that could make his life so much easier... (I know this all sounds cliche, but it is how I feel)

I don't know. It must be tough to grow old... then again, at least I am important to someone (a lot of someones really...)... it would be worse to not matter to anyone than to grow old and have someone answer your questions for you; then at least your someones pet project/burden/reason to exist...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

skipping through bloggerland is fun huh?

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.diaryofdana.blogspot.com/

3:18 AM  
Blogger sleepy jdon said...

interesting... I wish I lived in Germany... she's kinda cute too...

10:37 PM  
Blogger sleepy jdon said...

I too envision a porch when I get old, a dog, and a little old lady to yap at me for being a lazy good for nothin'... and grandkids who visit and listen to my old stories...

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home