Monday, January 10, 2005

I am sitting here in the university library... I was all set to write out a good page on my own personal writing process and how it was birthed one day in the mountain jacks shitter when I stumbled upon my friend Julie's blog page. She wrote:
"I crossed into the New Year, here, in my apartment. I know it's supposed to be festive, but I was too drunk and couldn't stop thinking of the tragedy inherent in the passage of time, and of home and how I wanted to be there. I usually manage the passage of time as well as anyone, but somehow, I find the New Year to be heartbreaking every time. Maybe my life is too good, because instead of celebrating survival, all I feel is past and future loss of people, places, and memory."
the tragedy inherent in the passage of time really took me. She is the best writer I know, especially when she is sad, worn out, and not so freaking skitzo like most of her other post. We, Julie and I, had a great conversation in a bar a year or two ago about the saddness that drives all good writing...
Now I am sad thinking about how I live my life in the past, how my most cherished memories are my only posession and how they are all I seem to think about. I think about yesterday far more than today as I recall, relive, and redicate every moment over and over in my head instead of dreaming about tommorrow... its as if I am already dead, dreaming of the past and dreading eternity devoid of new memories.
jdon

1 Comments:

Blogger sleepy jdon said...

death is ever around the corner but the passage of time never recieves quite the fear that it deserves... no one wants to talk about how they won't be here in 100 years, thats for sure, but most of us can't comprehend just how sad it is that last year passed and all my friends that went away will never be seen again... or that the man I was is not that man that I have become, leaving me to wonder just who would sit in heaven upon my death - I would choose me at about age 18...

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home